Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Bad Bike Locks

Today my bike lock failed on me. Its on a slow painful death. I cycled into work and it began to rain - looks like October weather has truly started. Its becoming hat and glove weather again - oh no. Let's break out the sweaters too while we are at it. Anyway here I am with the key of the bike lock twiddling with it for dear life trying to get the lock of the lock (I know nuts!) to lock! It pretty much defeats the whole purpose of being a bike lock! Don't even get me started on my cell phone - that's a whole new other post. Anyway some body-builder dude walks over and smiles and says here would you like me to give it a try? At this point I think sure why not - its so damn hard he might not even get it! I nod my head deflated that I can't seem to do it myself. He does it in ten seconds flat. I awkwardly thank him and walk on. I watched him thinking what did he do differently that made the thing actually lock? nothing was my conclusion except maybe he used more force on it than I could ever possibly physically do. Then he says to me just as I go to leave - sometimes you just need a man around to do this stuff? Really I thought! I don't think so lol - I muttered to myself as I am a very independent individual and rarely do I like to depend on anyone to do stuff...but since he looked so happy and he did such a nice gesture for me I chose to let it go. And now I need to think about letting the bike lock - well...eh go!

Song of the Day: Frozen - let it go - the sing-a-long ;)


0 comments:

Post a Comment